This position is responsible to provide operational support in reconstruction efforts for clients. Qualified Candidates will oversee multiple projects and they are key trainers of lesser skilled carpenters. Carpenters are fully knowledgeable of all applicable equipment and tools, and installation of commercial construction materials. They are experienced with commercial, industrial, and institutional construction practices, knowledgeable in shrink wrapping including scoping and leading installation.
- Installs foundations, walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs using materials such as: wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials.
- Fits and installs window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim using a carpenter’s level, plumb bob, and laser levels.
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground levels.
- Studies specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Shapes or cuts materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- Builds or repairs cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, hand tools, or power tools.
- Assembles and fastens materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Removes damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
- Inspects ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
- Moves necessary materials around jobsite as assigned.
- Cleans up worksite debris.
- High school diploma is an asset
- 4 years of experience in commercial or residential carpentry
- Ability to comprehend schematic diagrams, blueprints, sketches, building plans and other specifications
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation